By John Tunison. From MLive. Originally posted: February 16, 2016. Original Article.
A 17-year-old found dead at a hog farm succumbed to asphyxiation from the exhaust of a power washer, police said.
Heather Barley, of Buckley, worked at the farm and was found unresponsive inside a building on Dec. 18.
Grand Traverse County sheriff’s officials said an autopsy revealed she died of asphyxiation from fumes that came from the engine on a power washer.
The death has been ruled accidental.
Barley was a senior at Buckley Community Schools and played basketball and volleyball.